Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sri Lanka!



George and I slacklining-I bought one so look forward to learning my friends!
















They finally let me chop my own coconut-it's fun!





















-

















Lucy, my roomie from England.






















Alice (another yogi from Whales) and her mom and I.















-
















I'm wearing pink! (it's laurel's =))






















-

















-















-






















-
















-














-






The beach I go to most days.










Sunday market in Tangalle, the closest town to the yoga center, only 3 km away. It is all locals with no foreigner influence so it is a great look into Sri Lankan life.












Tangalle


























-








-
















-













Muhesh, one of the locals who works at the ashram and climbs trees to get coconuts for us. He's learning English and is super nice.




















The beach I slackline on and live 50 meters above on the ridge.


















-










The following are from a safari I went on in a Yala, a National Park a few hours away-incredible!!






















water buffalo
















-


















-


















-










This guy walked 4 feet from us, looked us in the eye, shook his head and trunk at us, and proceeded to walk by us a few inches from our jeep! One of my friends almost died she was so scared. I thought she might pass out. But we were fine-the guide was laughing of course!


















-











Mongoose, one of these was living in our ceiling when I first got to the yoga center. He made a racket scratching, squeaking, and thumping around. Then the mother dog and her puppy took up residence on our porch howling and whining and scratching the door all night long and scared the mongoose away. When we finally convinced the dogs to sleep elsewhere, a family of rats moved in!! I'm not sure which was worse. . . it is nice to know though that even though I am in a nice facility (for me at least), it still is in Sri Lanka!








-






























-








Amazing peacock dance performed by a girl who is hard of hearing at the local school for children with disabilities. It is a great organization. 2 of the other girls went with me and we did some fundraising to raise school supplies for them. Seems like a great org if anyone is looking for somewhere to support.












Traditional dessert from coconuts and black tea in coconuts.

















dinner!!! yum yum!











No comments:

Post a Comment